Monday, September 5, 2011

End of Summer

Summer has gone by so fast! My job ended for summer at the end of July and now I'm waiting for it to start back for the fall. It was supposed to start on August 24th but I got moved to a new school district which is starting the program from scratch so it has been delayed. They told me I should be starting on Sept 9th but we'll see; they haven't called me yet to confirm this. They better start soon, it sucks to not get paid for over a month. One of the bad things about my job is that we don't get a lot of supplies. So with all the back to school sales, I went out and bought a bunch of stuff on sale. This summer we didn't have enough crayons or pencils. I had to bring supplies from home in order for my class to be able to do our projects. I bought crayons, markers, pencils, glue sticks, and coloring books because those are good for when we have free time & it keeps them in their seats. So if you see any more sales on this stuff during the school year let me know since I have no idea how long this stuff will last, kids are rough on crayons!
My haul of school supplies.


My sister went back to Chicago for school on Saturday. The house feels so much more empty now. My dad went back east with her and they are visiting family in Michigan today. I'm jealous, I haven't been back there since 2007 when I was going to Western Michigan University.

I bought myself a present recently! an iPad! I am so in love with it. I need more games and apps for it so I've been addicted to downloading everything I can for it. My dad is borrowing it for his trip right now and I am having withdrawals from it.

The other night the bf & I were watching the extreme couponing stuff on TLC. I don't know why someone needs to buy 40 bottles of mustard. If you give it away that's great but if you're hoarding it in your house that's ridiculous. I like the extreme sweepstakes show better. I would rather get vacations than have 1000 toilet paper rolls under my kids bed.

The bf & I also went to Medieval Times about a month ago! It was the first time I'd ever gone. It was super fun! Our blue knight lost though :( Oh well it was still fun. I loved the horses doing their little dances. I don't even know what the story was, I just know there was jousting and cheering.

No comments:

Post a Comment