Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Goodbye 2013!

You were a great year but I'm ready to see what 2014 will have in store for me.

New Year's Eve is always an important date for me. It's a time to say goodbye to the past and look forward to new beginnings. I love that my birthday is January 1, because it really feels like a new beginning every year as I get older. I always make resolutions too, they don't always stick but I like having a plan.
Some of my resolutions for this year:

  • Eat more healthy. Right now all I eat is fast food and so far I'm not 200 lbs but I'm getting older so it's going to start catching up to me.
  • Continue to get good grades, work my hardest, pass my CSETs and rock student teaching in the fall. Once winter interterm begins on January 6th, I'm going straight through the year with school and no breaks, it's going to be tough but I want to finish next December. It's going to be a crazy school filled year.
  • Read 50 books and watch 50 movies. I tried to do 100 of each of these in 2013 but it didn't work out. I watched like 20 movies and read like 40 books. So with a full year of school, 50 of each will be challenging. 
  • Use social media less. I think people spend too much time on their phones (I'm one of them). It's important to put the electronics down and live in the moment.


For the past few New Year Eve's something has come up and my birthday always kinda sucked. Last year my grandma fell in her apartment and nobody found her for over a day so she had to go to the ER on NYE so we didn't celebrate my bday. The year before that, my grandma went to the ER too. Three years ago, I had a really bad cold and couldn't enjoy the surprise birthday dinner the boyfriend planned. And I don't even remember NYE/birthdays before that.

This year I was so excited to have nothing come up so far. Until this afternoon I started to feel really sick. My head's been hurting and I have a fever. So it looks like another year with a sucky beginning. I'm just sad because the bf doesn't want to spend NYE with me. He didn't last year when I could've used the support after finding out my grandma went to the ER. I thought she was going to die but he decided he would rather stay home and celebrate with his family than be with me when I needed him. This year I'm sick and he would rather be with his family than me again. Sorry to rant but I'm kind of getting tired about how he never does anything with me and my family. I shouldn't have to tell him to do things, he should just know by now. I don't know how to tell him that he needs to do family stuff with me because he will just get defensive. I love him very much and I know he loves me, there are just some things we need to work on.

In other news, I got straight A's this semester! yay for a 4.0 gpa in my first semester of grad school! I never worked as hard as I did this semester and it clearly paid off!



No comments:

Post a Comment