Monday, April 15, 2013

Back to work!

Spring break is over and sadly I did not do anything super exciting. I had a big list of things I wanted to get down during S.B. but I got a little lazy. We celebrated the bf's 28th birthday on April 2nd. I tried to talk him into going on a vacation but he didn't want to go anywhere, not even for a weekend. Oh well I'm too poor to go anyplace hahaha
I didn't take any pics on his bday so you get an old one.

I'm also working on applying to grad school to get my teaching credentials. I keep putting off on writing my personal statement because I don't know how to say that kids are funny and I like working with them & that I want summers off in a professional way. Oh well I'll hopefully get it done this week. I'm still waiting on one person to finish his letter of recommendation for me but I'm starting to think it will never get done so I'm trying to think about who else I could ask. I never thought I would work with kids; they used to weird me out. Now I'm totally cool with them. Babies still freak me out and I'm sure they will until I have one of my own.

I'm also trying to find a 2nd job because I've been looking at things and basically I need more money if I want to get anything done. I need a car and I know my family will not help me out on that. Car payments & insurance will cost more than what I make so I have to either upgrade my job (which is unlikely) or find a second part time job. My current job gives me $11.25 an hour but I barely get 20 hrs a week which ends up being around $425 (after taxes) every 2 weeks. And with S.B., that's 2 weeks of no pay so I'm not getting paid again until May 7th. So I will be very broke very soon. It sucks but at least I'm trying to do something about it (that's what I keep telling myself when really it SUCKS majorly). Add student loans to that too.

Basically everyday, I just try to not think about how my life is not going according to the plan I wanted. I just tell myself that happens to everyone and that I'll still have a happy ending just not that one I assumed I would get. It sucks to be young and not know what you want to do with your life. Everyone says you'll figure it out eventually but I'm a very impatient person! Although with everyone getting married and having kids lately, kind of makes me glad my plan didn't work out because I'm definitely not ready for any of that! I used to want to be married at 25 & I know I am so not ready for that right now. I need to get my own shit together before I can settle down. I don't want to burden anybody else with all that.

I need to stop blabbing on and on and go to bed now. One day back at work and I am exhausted!

Coming Up:

May 1: The Killers concert!!!

June 4: Angels vs. Cubs game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment