Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer is here!

This summer is all about having fun for me. In August I'll be back at school getting my teaching credentials which I am super excited about! It feels so good to be back in school and have goals & things to study for. While I am going to focus on doing fun things, I am also going to try & spend some time studying. I have to take the CBEST before the fall semester starts so I need to start taking some practice tests. I also have to take the CSET multiple subject test before I can do student teaching for Fall 2014. So I have a year to take that one but I'd like to get started studying since it will be harder to throw that in with school work during the year.

My new school!

The sad thing about getting back into school was that I had to leave my job. Classes are going to be during work hours & I didn't want to move down to be a substitute program leader so I decided it was time to move on. Once I pass the CBEST I can register with school districts to be a substitute teacher but I think it will be hard to get on that list.

My mom is an elementary school librarian so she recently gave me about 100 books to start my future classroom library. She had discarded them & let students and teachers go through them & whatever was left, she gave to me. Thank you Mom!! She also let me borrow about 20 books to read this summer. I figure I better get used to reading kids books & knowing what's good to read. I have to take a class this fall on how to teach reading and I actually have to teach a student to read so hopefully this helps! Be my friend on Goodreads to see what I'm currently reading.


In other news, I have kittens!! A stray cat had kittens in our backyard on April 21st. She had 4 little kittens and they all look different. They were so small!! We debated on what to do with them. My mom didn't even want to look at them because she didn't want to get attached. We started asking around if anybody wanted them when they got old enough. Nobody wanted them and we didn't want to take them to the pound. So a week ago, 2 of the kittens moved into the house. They are living in my room. The other 2 are still living in the backyard but I will probably be moving them in too. We still feed them & the mama cat loves us. My sister Tracy is planning on keeping one & my other sister Alissa wants one too. I think I'm going to end up with the other 2. Now I am allergic to cats but so far it hasn't been too bad. I've been taking allergy meds and it's been ok so far. I'm a little sniffly & my eyes get itchy but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
Mama & her babies 4/21/2013
Mama & her babies at the beginning of June.

 Follow me on Instagram for the most recent pictures. I don't have any on my computer at the moment. Tracy named the grey one Peppa & I named the cream with brown ears one Skippy because she looks like Skippy Jon Jones.

Bedtime for me. <3 br="">

No comments:

Post a Comment