Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Wow this month has gone by so fast! I can't believe June starts in 2 days. I did meet the goals I set for May: I did get a job, my driver's permit, & learn to bake something new! I did not stop biting my nails though :( That goal will go into my goals for June lol

I haven't updated my Netflix queue in awhile and so it sent me this: The Tillman Story which actually turned out to be great for Memorial Day weekend. I'm watching it right now and it is very interesting.

Kodi
My family's golden retriever, Kodi, is very sick. Last weekend we noticed he had a problem walking and we figured it was just because he has bad hips. So we took him to the vet & it turned out he had a ruptured anal gland. His butt hurt that's why it hurt to walk. They did a blood test and it turned out all his enzyme levels were really high too. He stayed at the vet's for 3 nights and came home last Thursday. His levels were lower and he was doing better. His ruptured anal gland is like a big open wound where his butt check would be if he was a human. It is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. On Saturday my parents took him back to the vet because his wound looked worse. He's supposed to come back home tomorrow. The vet also thinks Kodi's kidneys might be failing. He's only 6 years old so it's really sad. He is also very overweight which we found out is because his thyroid is super low. Hopefully if he loses weight and everything heals good, he should be ok. The vet says if his kidneys are failing he would only have a few weeks left to live. The vet also said Kodi seems pretty happy & normal for a dog whose kidneys could be failing so that's a good sign that he could just be sick right now.

In other happier news, I've started training for my job. I'm going to be a summer program leader for an after-school program at an elementary school. For the summer program it's not after-school, it's just everyday in the morning for a few hours. Basically I'm like a camp counselor. I don't think I will have to do too much tutoring, just arts & crafts and PE. I start at the end of June so I still have some time before I have to work. I've been looking for a 2nd job. This summer program job is for only 26 days of actual work. So at the end of July I'll be out of work again unless my elementary school will need more people for the Fall Program.

I just read Kendra Wilkinson's Sliding Into Home and it was a pretty fast & interesting read. I'm glad she was able to get away from drugs to have a happy life. I'm also reading Stephen King's The Stand: Expanded Edition: For the First Time Complete and Uncut (Signet) and I'm just having a hard time staying interested in it. I'm about 350 pages into it but I think I'm going to take a break from it and see if coming back to it in a week or two will help.

I'm also planning a trip to London within the next year, depending on what kind of job I get if I don't stay on for fall. The boyfriend said he wanted to go with me and then he said he didn't because he hates Europe, so I'm planning on going alone. I think he might change his mind when he sees that I'm actually serious about going by myself hahah Sometimes he treats me like I'm a little girl and doesn't take me seriously, well he better stop that because I can be very serious hahah

I hope you all have a great week and start June off right! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment